Len House (Rootes Building), Maidstone
Classicus Estates Limited has acquired the freehold of the former Rootes Building more recently know as Len House. Originally built in 1938/9 as a motor engineering and sales facility by Lord Rootes the landmark property located in the heart of Maidstone town centre is steeped in motor manufacturing history having been in continuous motor related uses until September 2019.
Classicus Estates intend to refurbish and redevelop the existing listed building and wider landholding incorporating new commercial, retail, business and residential uses together with new public realm external space fronting the River Len.
A planning application is due to be submitted in Spring 2020.